What can you do about your feet yourself?
Tips and tricks basic
- Wash your feet daily, preferably without soap.
- Dry your feet thoroughly, including between the toes.
- Use a foot cream or lotion to keep the skin supple and in condition, but be careful not to spread the cream/lotion between your toes.
- Cut your toenails straight and not too short. Do not cut corners to prevent ingrowns.
If you comply with the above with regularity, then you already prevent a lot!
Tips and tricks on average
Do you have more time or do your feet simply need more attention? Then you can do the following items additionally.
- Keep your feet flexible, by doing foot exercises daily.
- Buy well-fitting (leather) shoes with enough room for the toes.
- Always have your feet measured and wear your own stockings/socks when trying on shoes.
- Wear stockings/socks without seams and avoid pinching the stockings/socks.
It seems like a lot, but remember this, because you are worth it!
Tips and tricks advanced
Were the basic and average tips not enough? Here are our latest tips and tricks!
- Choose socks made of natural, absorbent material. Think cotton or wool.
- Put on a pair of clean socks every day.
- Change shoes regularly.
- Have calluses, corns, cracks and nail problems treated by a pedicure or medical pedicure affiliated with ProVoet.
You are doing a great job!